Law students will be notified of their Unsubsidized Loan eligibility in their financial aid notification letter.
- Loan Limit: annual limit is $20,500, split evenly at $10,250/semester. Aggregate/Lifetime program limit is $138,500
- Interest Rate: adjusts annually on July 1st and is fixed for the life of the loan. For loans disbursed between 7/1/22 and 6/30/23 the rate is 6.54%
- Origination Fee: 1.057% for loans disbursed on or after 10/1/20 and before 10/1/23.
- Eligibility: US Citizens or Permanent Residents who file the FAFSA, and are enrolled at least half time (6 credits in fall/spring or 4 credits in summer).
- Credit Requirements: none
- Repayment Terms: Repayment begins 6 months after borrower ceases to be enrolled half-time. While enrolled, borrowers may elect to make interest-only or full payments. See the Loan Repayment section of our website for complete information on repayment options.