Syracuse University and the College of Law are committed to cultivating and maintaining an environment that supports its primary educational mission and is free from discrimination and harassment. The University and the College of Law prohibit and will respond promptly and equitably to reports of Sexual Harassment, which includes Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking, as well as other forms of prohibited conduct defined in the University’s Sexual Harassment, Abuse and Assault Prevention Policy.
If you are the victim of gender-based harassment, sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic or dating violence, stalking, sexual exploitation, or other forms of sexual misconduct, please report it. Here you will find helpful definitions of Prohibited Conduct, the resources to help you get support if you are the victim of Prohibited Conduct, and the procedures for investigating and adjudicating allegations of Prohibited Conduct.
Students should report Prohibited Conduct to:
- Syracuse University’s Title IX Coordinator for Students, at 005 Steele Hall, 315.443.0211, or email@example.com;
- Office of Human Resources, Skytop Office Building, 315.443.5462, or firstname.lastname@example.org; and/or
- Department of Public Safety, 005 Sims Hall, 315.443.2224.
Anonymous reporting is also available through “TIPS” at 315.443.8477 (TIPS) or online. However, the University may be limited in how it can respond to anonymous reports of Prohibited Conduct.
The University provides students with access to the following Confidential Resources:
- The Sexual and Relationship Violence Response Team (available 24/7) at the Barnes Center at The Arch at 315.443.8000;
- Healthcare providers, counselors, and their staff at the Barnes Center at the Arch at 315.443.8000;
- The chaplains at Hendricks Chapel at 315.443.2901; and
- The University Ombuds and their staff (for graduate students only) at 315.443.1087.
We are here for you. Ask for help if you need it. You can always start with the Director of Student Affairs, email@example.com, 315.443.1146 if you’re unsure where to go.