Professor Gregory Germain Answers Questions on Disputing Credit Report Inaccuracies

Professor Gregory Germain answered questions about the rights and processes consumers have to dispute credit reports with Wallet Hub.

In the article, Germain says “I recommend that consumers mail their disputes to both the furnisher and the credit reporting agency, and if they do not get a timely and proper response, file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and their state attorney general’s office. They will usually ask for a response from the providers, and often that will get a more thorough review.”