A friendly competition for alumni at Syracuse-area law firms to support to the College of Law.
Calling All Orange Lawyers!
The Law Firm Giving Challenge was created to help establish a tradition of philanthropy among alumni and to leave a legacy for future students.
Alumni giving helps ensure strength for our cutting-edge programs, institutes and centers, and facilities, as well as our scholarship and financial aid programs, ensuring that the next generation of Orange lawyers will have access to a first-class legal education. We are encouraging you to show your support for your alma mater—and engage in a friendly competition.
The Law Firm Giving Challenge returns for Fiscal Year 2022! All gifts made during the 2021 fiscal year (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022) count toward your firm’s participation rate.
Please help us realize the College of Law’s vision and support the next generation of Orange lawyers!
Participating firms will be categorized into one of three groups:
- Small Firms (<15 attorneys)
- Medium Firms (15-49 attorneys)
- Large Firms (50+ attorneys)
Awards for Participation
Firms in each category will receive recognition to denote high levels of alumni participation:
- Gold status (60-79% participation)
- Platinum status (80%+ participation)
- Platinum+ status (100% participation)
- Support our cutting-edge programs, institutes and centers, facilities, and other integral components of a first-class legal education.
- Establish a lifelong tradition of philanthropy among your colleagues, working together for a common cause.
- Honor the community that helped you succeed and leave a legacy for the students who follow in your footsteps.
- Brighten a student’s future by contributing to scholarship funds.
- Compete against other law firms for bragging rights!
Join the Challenge
If your firm is interested in joining the Law Firm Giving Challenge, please email Assistant Director of Development Fritz Diddle or call 315.443.1339.
Many thanks to the Challenge Leaders from all participating firms who have generously donated their time to encourage their colleagues to take part in this important effort!