Whom We Honor
The Syracuse Law Honors are awards presented on behalf of the Syracuse University Law Alumni Association (SULAA) and the College of Law to celebrate the distinguished achievements in any field of endeavor by living members of the Syracuse Law family–alumni, current and former faculty and staff, students, parents, and friends–for service to the College of Law, the legal profession, Syracuse University, or the world at large.
The Nomination Process
The Syracuse University Law Alumni Association seeks nominations from alumni, the College of Law community, and friends, identifying deserving members of our community to honor. We hope you will take a moment to share the names and stories of candidates; we would be delighted to read of their accomplishments, any articles, testimonials, or other forms of supporting information and documentation. Nominations are collected through our online nomination form, or by email at SULAA@syr.edu. If you’re nominating by email, please include the following information:
Nominations are now OPEN! Please feel free to submit nominations to be considered for 2023. The award ceremony will be held during Law Alumni Weekend on Friday, September 22.
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s address and current contact information
- Candidate’s connection to the College of Law and graduation year, if a graduate
- Candidate’s background and education
- A statement of reasons why you believe this candidate is deserving of recognition by the College of Law, providing as much detail as possible, including a description of achievement(s) that merit recognition
- Any supporting information (articles, testimonials, other recommendations, statements by other nominators)
- Your name and contact information, as to be contacted by SULAA representatives with questions or to request further information
Nominations are reviewed by SULAA, and at their recommendation, honorees are selected by the Dean and the SULAA Board of Directors.
Award recipients are honored at an awards ceremony during the College of Law’s Syracuse Law Alumni Weekend each fall, and will also be invited to interact with students, faculty, and friends of the College in classes, lectures or symposia in connection with the weekend.
- Professor Arlene Kanter
- Benita Miller L’96
- Hon. Norman Mordue L’71
- Lisa Peebles L’92
- Emil Rossi L’72
- Deborah Stanley L’77