|Professor of Law|
Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
Robert Ashford is a Professor of Law at Syracuse University, College of Law, where he teaches or has taught courses in Business Associations, Business Planning, Corporate Finance, Public Corporations, Professional Responsibility, Secured Transactions, and Securities Regulation, and a seminar in Inclusive Capitalism, Property Rights, and Binary Economics. He holds a J.D. with honors from Harvard Law School, and a B.A. with majors in physics and English literature, graduating first in his class at the University of South Florida. He was a Woodrow Wilson Fellow at Stanford University. He is a leading authority in inclusive capitalism, binary economics, and socio-economics.
Ashford is the founder and principal organizer of the Section on Socio-Economics of the Association of American Law Schools and the Society of Socio-Economists. He is a member of the American Law Institute, the Athens Institute for Education and Research, and the academic honor societies of Phi Kappa Phi and Sigma Pi Sigma (physics). He has served on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Socio-Economics, the Executive Council of the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics, the Board of Advisors of the Syracuse University College of Law, and the Board of Directors of the Bar Association of San Francisco.
Ashford has authored and co-authored books, articles, book chapters, and monographs on various subjects including banking, binary economics, evidence, implied liability under federal law, economics and democracy, the history of economic thought, inclusive capitalism, professional responsibility, public utility regulation, socio-economics, securities regulation, and tax law. His scholarship has been cited by state and federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
He has lectured at universities and conferences in Australia, Canada, France, Greece, Italy, Indonesia, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and throughout the US. His biography is included in Marquis Who’s Who in successive editions beginning in 2015.
- Harvard Law School
J.D., cum laude 1969
- University of South Florida
B.A., summa cum laude 1965
- Publications [PDF]
- Inclusive Capitalism
- Economists Endorse Professor Robert Ashford’s Inclusive Capitalism (April 2021)
- Letter from Dr. Danielle Taana Smith, Professor, Department of African American Studies, and Director, Renée Crown University Honors Program, Syracuse University
- Letter from Donald MacNaughton L’68, Member, Syracuse University Board of Trustees
- Inclusive Capitalism Events and Readings for AY2021-2022
- Inter-Collegiate Seminar on Teaching Inclusive Capitalism in Key Undergraduate Courses Throughout the Curriculum | Dec. 3-4, 2021
- Socio-Economics Newsletter – December 2021
- Society of Socio-Economists (SoS) 2022 Annual Meeting